It didn't sink in for me until that last hug with my parents. I walked through the security doors and glanced once more over my shoulder to see them walking away, as I edged my way closer to the counter.
The question I've asked myself the most is "What am I doing?" The answer seems pretty simple. Right now, I'm sitting while waiting for my boarding call.
But I think it's also a question of "What did I sign up for?" because this is so unlike me to jump into something so unfamiliar. I have always gone where I've known something familiar. And this time? It's all new.
I have so many fears, so many questions, so many doubts filling my mind. But one thing that I've constantly had running through my mind today is the verse in Joshua 1:9. When the people are instructed not to be afraid, not to be discouraged, it is clearly followed with the statement that God is with them wherever they go.
This is the verse I've chosen to hold tight to at this time as I patiently wait for what God has in store for me. I'm ready for a journey that I've never had before. Not fully, but I'm as ready as I'll ever be. And for me, that's enough.
- Naomi
Beautiful Nomi...trust Him
ReplyDeleteThank you, Nana Judy <3
DeleteI had the same verse for you sweetie - enjoy your time, learn lots, love abundantly, trust HIM and then return with so many stories to delight and encourage us who await your return <3 God bless
ReplyDeleteThank you, Monique! <3
Delete